Jordan District has 62 refugees and 740 newcomers. There are 4,778 English Language Learners. Students represent over 63 different languages (Updated November 2022).
- Supporting New Students to America (UEN) Parent Resources
- Supporting New Students to America (UEN) Student Resources
- Refugee and Immigrant Center: "We are devoted to helping clients become more self-sufficient in their daily lives, and aim to reduce the barriers that refugees and immigrants face when adapting to life in the U.S."
- Utah Refugee Connection: Utah Refugee Connection creates meaningful connections between refugees, the community, and public and private organizations which support refugees in developing self-sufficient and fulfilling lives.
- LCS Family & Community Page
Catholic Community Services (CCS): "For over 45 years, Catholic Community Services of Utah has provided specialized foster care services to hundreds of unaccompanied children from around the world. These children entered the U.S. without their parents or an adult to care for them."Asian
Association of Utah (AAU): "In 1977, a group of Asian refugees and immigrants living in Utah saw a need for additional supports and services beyond the scope of existing resettlement agencies. At that time, Utah was a key resettlement state for refugees coming from Southeast Asia, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and other Asian countries. In response to this need, the Asian Association of Utah was founded in a small classroom."
International Rescue Committee (IRC): "The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and in 26 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people. Here are highlights of our impact over the last year:"
Jordan Education Foundation (JEF) is taking donations to help fund field trips, activities, educational supplies, etc.
Volunteer: If you would like to help chaperone field trips, tutor students, translate during school, etc, please contact Toni Brown